** COVID-19 Information regarding playing tennis**
Court bookings rules
- You will no longer be able to turn up and book a court or take an empty court. You can only book through the free "Clubspark booker" app or you can sign in through the Clubspark website https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/WesternLTC . If you have any queries with setting up your access to booking please contact Verena Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only fully paid up members can access the booking system and no pay & play will be allowed at the present time
- A maximum of 2 visitors per month will be allowed at the following times. Mon - Fri up until 4pm and only weekends if you are playing doubles and there are a minimum of 2 members on the court.
What is allowed?
- Singles and doubles play with 2/4 people from any household
- Bookings can be made up to 7 days in advance, but you can only make one booking at a time. What does this mean? For example, if your 1st booking for the week is on a Wednesday at 10am you can then make another booking for a new day after finishing this session at 11am. (What we want to avoid is a scenario when some members book off all the best slots in advance)
- Even though you may only have one booking at a time if your friend books a court you can still play with them at a different time. BUT no one individual can be on any court for 2 consecutive bookings.
- Court bookings are all for one hour only
- Junior Booking Times - Monday to Friday until 6 pm. i.e. last booking at 5 pm. Weekends from 1 pm onwards. A junior playing with an adult member can play at any time.
We will be monitoring the system to make sure that it is not abused, and we will cancel any bookings that are not valid.
Arrival and Departure
- Please come changed (only toilet use allowed - not the changing rooms) and, arrive as close to the scheduled times as possible to reduce your time at the club.
- If waiting to go on court maintain a 2-metre distance and let the people on your court know that you have arrived. If playing finish 5 minutes early to make the crossover easy and safe.
- Entrance /exit to courts as follows: All entry/exit gates have been removed for safety
Court 1 - use only the small gate area in the patio area
Courts 2 & 3 - use only the middle gate area at court 2
Court 4 - use only the gate area behind court 4 at the clubhouse end
Court 5 - enter from either end but be careful when passing players on court
Court 6 - use only the gate area at the bottom of the steps on Hyndland Roadside
- Utilise the hand sanitisers provided at the gates before and after play
- Please drag the courts 5 minutes before the end of the hour and use the sanitisers before leaving
- After play avoid congregating in groups of more than 4 people from 2 households
- First aid kit and the defib machine will be available from any coaching staff
- Babolat tennis balls will be on sale at the club at £8.50 for a 4 ball can - see Ian in the office
Please continue to enjoy safe tennis!
On behalf of the committee